Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio beats Airtel to be India’s second biggest telecom network
Reliance Jiois now officially India’s second biggest telecom network.
- Jio beat
Airteland added 8.1 million more users in May 2019.
Vodafone Ideasaw its numbers dwindling as it lost 6 million users in May.
Meanwhile, Airtel lost 1.5 million users – it went from 321.8 million users in April to have 320.3 million in May. India’s biggest telecom provider Vodafone Idea lost 6 million users, and went from 392 million subscribers in April to have 387 million in May.
The report further mentions that 4.8 million Indians opted for Mobile Number Portability in May 2019.
Reliance Jio, since its official launch in 2016, has become the talk of the town by amassing a large number of users with cheap data plans.
Meanwhile, BSNL which has been in deep financial trouble continues to stand at 115.8 million users in May too. BSNL has a massive debt of ₹135 billion, and has been struggling to pay its employees and bills. According to reports, the government is trying to sanction a loan of ₹25 billion for the struggling company.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri famous quotes
- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2020: Mahatma Gandhi Famous Quotes
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10