MumbaI University Has Produced The Highest Number Of Billionaires In India, More Than NYU
Who knew that
The Top 10 universities list is filled with American schools, other than the number 9 and 10 spot. Mumbai University features at the ninth place that has produced 12 billionaires. Surprisingly, Mumbai University has beaten New York University and MIT in the list. University of Pennsylvania leads the list with 25 billionaires with Harvard in second place with 22.
Another startling fact that came to light from this list is that only one UK based school features in the list and no it is not oxford. London School of Economics is at number 10 that has prepared 11 billionaires. The top 20 list has only 4 outsiders, the rest are all universities from USA. The Russian Lomonosov Moscow State University is at number 11 and ETH
Interestingly, 35% of the 2,325 billionaires in the world have not obtained a tertiary-level degree. The Wealth-X and UBS study suggests that higher education is not a precondition to becoming a billionaire.
However, In India studies are considered as the most essential part of growing up. Each parent wants the child to grow up and become successful in their lives, hence education is very important if one wants to climb the success ladder. But, on the other side, if you look at some of the biggest names in the Billionaires arena, have not completed college.
Top 20 list of universities that produced the maximum billionaires:
1. UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (UNITED STATES) — 25
2. HARVARD UNIVERSITY (UNITED STATES) — 22
4. UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (UNITED STATES) — 16
6. CORNELL UNIVERSITY (UNITED STATES) — 14
8. UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY (UNITED STATES) — 12
9. UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI (INDIA) — 12
10. LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE (UNITED KINGDOM) — 11
11. LOMONOSOV MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY (RUSSIA) — 11
12. UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS (UNITED STATES) — 10
13. DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (UNITED STATES) — 10
14. UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN (UNITED STATES) — 10
15. NEW YORK UNIVERSITY (UNITED STATES) — 9
16. DUKE UNIVERSITY (UNITED STATES) — 9
17. COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (UNITED STATES) — 8
18. BROWN UNIVERSITY (UNITED STATES) — 8
19. MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (UNITED STATES) — 7
20. ETH ZURICH SWITZERLAND — 6