Myntra's biggest annual sale had 2 million shoppers and the fashion e-tailer sold over 7,100 items every minute
- Fashion retail startup
Myntra’s End of Reason Salestarted on June 21 and concluded on June 25.
- During the sale, Myntra saw a 3X rise in the traffic to its platform.
- It also acquired 4.8 lakh new customers.
AdvertisementIndian fashion retail startup Myntra just concluded its annual End of Reason Sale and it has many reasons to gloat. Over 2 million customers bought 9 million items on the site, across the five-day sale.
Myntra’s traffic went up by three times on its platform during the sale period. It also registered a whopping 7,100 orders per minute at its peak.
“So far, we have acquired 4.8 lakh new customers and a significant portion of the sales came from tier 2 and 3 cities. With 12,500 kirana stores under the MENSA ((Myntra Extended Network Through Store Activation) network supporting last mile deliveries, we have been delivering over 6 lakh shipments per day,” said Amar Nagaram, head of Myntra Jabong.
The company also said that members of its loyalty program – Myntra Insiders – contributed to about 42% of the overall sales.
Interestingly, Myntra’s in-house brand Roadster sold 1.35 million products. In May 2019, Myntra also launched an offline store Roadster Go in Bengaluru, and plans to launch 100 such offline stores in the next two years.
Myntra is a part of one of India’s biggest e-commerce startup
Popular on BI
- Jhulan Goswami’s two decade-long career is ‘monumental’, says BCCI on her retirement
- Chandigarh airport to be named after Bhagat Singh: PM Modi
- RBI set for fourth straight rate hike to quell inflation, say experts
- No peace overtures expected between India and Pakistan
- Space dedicated to food and beverage companies in malls on the rise post pandemic