Nagaland Lok Sabha Election Result 2019, Check Winner Name
In Nagaland, Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) has won the only Lok sabha seat
|Constituency||Current MP||Congress Candidate||NDPP Candidate||NPP Candidate|
|Nagaland||Tokheho Yepthomi (NDPP)||K L Chishi||Tokheho Yepthomi (NDPP) (Winner)||Hayithung Tungoe|
AdvertisementWhile BJP seems to be taking over the Northeast too, according to the exit polls the state of Nagaland is expected to not be a part of the BJP wave. The India Today Axis exit poll predicted a win for the Congress.
Nagaland has only one parliamentary constituency and 60 assembly constituencies. The state went for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 polling on April 11, 2019 during the first phase of elections across the country. At present, the parliamentary seat is held by the sitting MP Tokheho Yepthomi of the Nationalist Progressive Party. Dr. M M Thromwa Konyak of the IND, Hayithung Tungoe of NPP, KL Chishi of INC, and the sitting MP Tokheho Yepthomi who is going for reelection from here.
The Naga People’s Front (NPF) has been winning from here consecutively for three Lok Sabha elections during 2004, 2009 and 2014. In 1990, Chishi served the state of Nagaland for a brief period as the Chief Minister. He left the Congress and joined the BJP. During 2018 assembly elections, he lost as a BJP candidate. Just some time back, Chishi came back to the Congress’s fold. The independent candidate O Tinujungshi Longkumer is also the brother of Imtikumzhu Longkumer. The divisive forces in the state are sharp and the issue of illegal migration has been an important factor that is deciding the policies of the different parties and the fate of these parties in the general elections in Nagaland.
- Microsoft's software is being targeted by Chinese hackers -- and they're going after law firms, NGOs, defence contractors and others
- Education, skill, research, innovation second biggest focus of budget after health: PM at webinar on budget provisions for higher education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- Union Budget has broadened our efforts to link education with employability and entrepreneurial capability:PM Modi at webinar on education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- India records 14,989 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- Patient with underlying disease dies after getting AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in South Korea