NASSCOM clearly states it stand against differential pricing of data services
However, Nasscom president R Chandrashekhar told ET that the regulator should have the power to allow differential pricing for certain types/ classes of services that are deemed to be in public interest and based on mandatory prior approvals.
"Any such program should abide by the principles of
In addition, Nasscom also proposed that a suitable oversight mechanism should be put in place.
"Instead of differential pricing for select data services for wide access, transparent business models should be adopted without segmenting the Internet or skewing competition" Sanjiv Bikchandani, chairman, NASSCOM Internet Council told ET.
(Image credits: indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Royal Bengal Tiger spotted in Sikkim at an altitude of above 3,500 metre
- FPIs invest Rs 26,505-crore in Indian equities in December
- Quantum Computing Explained
- 10 Foods you should avoid eating in breakfast
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days