Nearly 2 million people have started listening to Pandora on smart speakers like the Amazon Echo
That's 1.6 million listeners on voice activated devices, out of the 76 million Pandora listeners.The surge in listeners accessing the music service from voice-activated devices reflects the growing popularity of the Amazon Echo, Google Home and other new smart speaker devices (Even Apple has a speaker launching soon). And it could represent an important ray of hope for Pandora's business, which has experienced a steady decline in listeners in recent years.
Pandora executives on Monday's earnings conference call noted that voice activated devices are a "natural platform" for Pandora, and noted that Pandora is benefitting from connected consumer electronic devices and car-based interfaces."In the back half of the year, we will deepen our existing relationships with partners like Amazon,
Google and Sonos, and add new partnerships to expand our suite of over 2,000 connected devices," Pandora said on the call.
Despite a tumultuous morning, in which the company announced the end of its services in Australia and New Zealand, it was successful quarter for the music streaming service. Pandora beat Wall Street targets in both revenues and earnings per share in Q2.Visit Markets Insider for constantly updated market quotes for individual stocks, ETFs, indices, commodities and currencies traded around the world. Go Now!
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow
- Hero Motocorp sold more bikes in second quarter and that will aid revenue growth — but profit may remain under pressure