This Netflix job pays you to watch Netflix at home: a career goal on a whole new level!
Yes that’s right.
So what really does the job profile entail? The team of Taggers at Netflix are expected to watch all the films, series, documentaries, kids programming, anything and everything on Netflix and write as many “tags” or attributes for shows for eg. “quirky British comedy” or “cult Asian action movies”. These tags will then help recommend shows to users based on their watching behavior on Netflix.
Well it may seem frivolous but it serves a much bigger purpose for the online streaming service. Netflix is very well aware of how difficult it is to get the user’s attention in the short window that is available to them, only about 60 to 90 seconds. Therefore for Netflix it is extremely important to personalise content for each user in order to direct the user to the next show or movie or series. The more you watch the more Netflix is aware of your choices and with the help of taggers Netflix will keep sending stuff- you may like- your way. And ofcourse its no just taggers that help in making recommendations to users but there are a bunch of other technologies, algorithms, machine learning, artificial intelligence that perform the same duty.
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Best 55-inch smart TVs with Chromecast built-in
- Best 2.1 channel speakers with Bluetooth support
- OPINION: Experts’ guide to understanding the role of DeFi in digital finance
- OpenSea is returning the millions users lost due to a bug
- Indian crypto exchanges, influencers fall prey to hacks promoting crypto scam