Harsimrat Kaur Badal gets a second-term as Food Processing Minister
Harsimrat Kaur Badalreturns to be a part of PM Modi’s Cabinet during his second term in office.
- Badal once again gets the position of Union Cabinet
minister of Food Processing.
In the first term of the Modi government too, Badal held the position of Union Cabinet minister of Food Processing.
In the Lok Sabha elections 2019, Harsimrat Kaur Badal won the seat from Bathinda by defeating Amrinder Singh Raja Warring of Congress by over 21,000 votes. While campaigning for the elections, Badal took to the stage and brought out the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, operation Bluestar to campaign against the Congress.
Badal, a member of Shiromani Akali Dal, is a Member of Parliament from Bathinda, Punjab and comes from the political legacy Badal family of the state. Her husband Sukhbir Singh Badal, president of the Shiromani Akali Dal, was the deputy Chief Minister of Punjab. Her father-in-law Parkash Singh Badal was a four-time Chief Minister of Punjab.
She is appreciated for her initiative – Nanhi Chhaan – in 2008 to fight female infanticide and empower women.
- Raymond lays off hundreds of employees— some of them say they haven’t received the promised severance pay
- ITC to acquire spices maker Sunrise Foods for estimated ₹1,800-2,000 crore
- Cancellations spike, bookings drop as states limit flight operations
- Domestic flights resume after two months: Delhi's first departure is to Pune and Mumbai's first to Patna
- 46 more test COVID positive in Assam, total cases near 400