New Jersey Chef Wants To Be The 'Jiro Dreams Of Sushi' Of Bread And Butter
The New Jersey-native set out to master bread and butter, and believes that he has. His bread, served warm with a caramelized crust and delicate inside, perfectly pairs with a rich, lightly salted butter served at room temperature. The chef even claims it's possible to taste the "terroir," or origin, of the butter."You can taste what the cows are eating in our butter, it's ridiculous," Richer says in the Vimeo video. The restaurant gets fresh, organic cream from a family-run farm in Chester County, Pa. that raises grass-fed cows. The cream is then gently fermented, giving it a "cheese-like tang" and a bright yellow color.The bread is almost like sourdough, but not with the "acidic, acid, vinegar thing going on," Richer says. The bread is sized and shaped ideally for baking in a wood-fired oven, and the crust is perfectly caramelized and slightly sour. Watch the beautiful video below, and check out more with the chef at FoodCurated.com.
The 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' of Bread & Butter: Razza Pizza Artiginale from SkeeterNYC on Vimeo.
- Uttar Pradesh government announces Sunday lockdown amid rising COVID-19 cases in the state
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons