New York Is Facing Its Biggest Threat Ever, And People Are Still In Denial
Getty Images/Afton Almaraz
Some would say it has already arrived.
The OECD ranked New York City among the 10 cities most vulnerable to rising sea levels with 2.9 million people and $2.1 trillion in assets exposed to storm surges by 2070 if sea levels keep rising.
Hurricane Sandy, just one of the symptoms of a warming planet, was our first dire warning.
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states