New Yorkers now use Uber more often than taxis
For the first time ever, more people are using Uber in New York than the city's classic yellow taxi cabs, the New York Times reported this week. On the average day in July, for example, Uber completed 289,000 rides while New York taxis recorded 277,000 trips, according to the report.Uber's new lead is the result of sending thousands of black cars to New York's outer boroughs, such as Queens and the Bronx, according to The Times. Cabs can be hard to find in those areas, which also lack easy access to public transit.
New York is one of Uber's biggest markets, but its ascendance in the city hasn't been easy, thanks in part to several run-ins with the Taxi and Limousine Commission.Taxis likely won't disappear anytime soon, but it's clear they're now operating in Uber's shadow.
- Modi to launch India's first seaplane service tomorrow
- Karwa Chauth 2020: Date, puja time, and everything you need to know
- UNESCO allots India’s Panna Tiger Reserve ‘Biosphere Reserve’ status after it brought its tiger population back from zero to 54 in ten years
- BCG vaccine can help elderly fight against Covid-19: ICMR study
- Valmiki Jayanti 2020: Here are some famous quotes by Maharishi Valmiki