Nintendo is finally bringing Super Nintendo games to the Switch. Check out the full list of the first 20 games arriving Thursday.
- Nintendo is finally bringing its library of classic Super Nintendo games to the Nintendo Switch.
- Access to those games is tied to Nintendo's Online service, which costs $20 per year.
- The initial launch of Super Nintendo games on the Switch comes with 20 games, including "Super Mario World," "The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past," and "Super Mario Kart."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Nintendo just revealed a huge new addition to its online service for the Nintendo Switch: 20 free Super Nintendo games!
The games are part of Nintendo's growing library of classic games on the Switch that come included with a Nintendo Switch Online membership. That means you can't buy these games individually, which is a bummer, but it also means you get all of them for the $20 per year cost of Nintendo's online service.
The games arrive on September 5, and come with the same bells and whistles that NES games on the Switch do: rewind functionality and save states.
Here's the full list!
1. "Super Mario World"
2. "Super Mario Kart"
3. "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island"
4. "Star Fox"
5. "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past"
6. "Super Metroid"
7. "Stunt Race FX"
8. "Kirby's Dream Land 3"
11. "Kirby's Dream Course"
12. "Brawl Brothers"
13. "Breath of Fire"
14. "Demon's Crest"
15. "Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics"
16. "Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force"
17. "Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts"
18. "Super Puyo Puyo 2"
19. "Super Soccer"
20. "Super Tennis"
There's also a wireless Super Nintendo gamepad being made specifically for the Nintendo Switch. It'll cost $30.
And here's a look at the top:
And here's the controller straight-on:
Looking for the full list of games in one place? That's right here:
Check out Nintendo's full announcement for Super Nintendo games on Nintendo Switch right here:
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines