Nintendo just revealed its top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games, and you'll never guess what's in first place
- Nintendo's Switch is outrageously popular, and Nintendo's games on the Switch are selling like gangbusters.
- Several games have already sold over 10 million copies, including December's "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."
- In a surprise twist, neither a "Super Mario" nor a "Legend of Zelda" game is the best-selling game on the Switch.
Even crazier: The company has a staggering five games with over 10 million copies sold.Advertisement
Nintendo's Switch console is less than two years old, yet it's already moved over 32 million units as of December 31, 2018. For some quick context, it took Sony two full years for the PlayStation 4 to top 30 million units sold.
In the latest financial filing from Nintendo, we got a closer look at the 10 best-selling games Nintendo has already released on the Nintendo Switch.
Here's the rundown:
OF NOTE: Nintendo's only running down its first-party games here.
10. "Kirby Star Allies": 2.42 million unitsAdvertisement
9. "Mario Tennis Aces": 2.53 million units
8. "1-2 Switch": 2.86 million unitsAdvertisement
7. "Super Mario Party": 5.3 million units
6. "Splatoon 2": 8.27 million unitsAdvertisement
5. "Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!": 10 million units
4. "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild": 11.68 million unitsAdvertisement
3. "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate": 12.08 million units
2. "Super Mario Odyssey": 13.76 million unitsAdvertisement
1. "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe": 15.02 million units
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store