Ninth Labour MP quits 'broken' Labour party in protest against Jeremy Corbyn's leadership
LONDON - Ian Austin has become the ninth Labour MP to quit the party this week in protest at Jeremy Corbyn's leadership and handling of allegations of antisemitism.He said he had become "ashamed of the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbyn."Advertisement
But he said he had no plans to join the Independent Group of MPs which seven Labour MPs and three Tory MPs joined this week.
This is a developing story.Our Brexit Insider Facebook group is the best place for up-to-date news and analysis about Britain's departure from the EU, direct from Business Insider's political reporters. Join here.
- SpaceX sends 2 NASA astronauts to ISS in historic mission (2nd Ld)
- NASA and SpaceX blast off to space station
- Assam crosses 1,200-mark in COVID-19 with 159 new cases
- Nine deaths take Rajasthan's COVID-19 toll to 193; total cases 8,617
- Coronavirus cases cross 300-mark in Himachal as 18 more test positive; 24 recover