No, This 'Smart Ring' Is Not A Joke
It used to be all about the smartwatch - you've got the Pebble, Samsung's Galaxy Gear, and billions of rumors about whatever long-rumored iWatch gadget Apple may have coming down the pipeline.But forget the wrist-based trend for a moment.Advertisement
This Indiegogo campaign has met its fundraising goal to develop a smart ring (called the Smarty Ring) that would alert you to incoming texts, voice calls, emails, and realtime notifications of Facebook, Twitter, and Skype happenings. They were seeking $40,000 but have so far blown that goal away, raising over $187,000.
The ring is app-assisted on both iOS and Android platforms. Check out the pitch video below. If you like what you see, you can scoop up a Smarty Ring for $175.
- Suresh Raina retires from international cricket, 'joins MS Dhoni in his journey'
- M S Dhoni retires from International cricket, will continue to play IPL
- Arunachal CM launches entrepreneurship plan to boost economy
- Meghalaya has set up task force to revive economy: Sangma
- Google may replace Duo video calling app with Meet