Nordstrom Will Use Pinterest To Decide What Merchandise To Display In Stores
Nordstrom, which has nearly 4.5 million users on the social network, began testing the approach earlier this year.
"Our customers are on Pinterest, so we want to be there too," Bryan Galipeau, social media manager at Nordstrom, told Business Insider. "Pinterest is in many ways the world's biggest wish list-and so it also fits well with our goal of having our merchandise show up in our customer's wish lists."
Popular items on Pinterest will be displayed with a red tag identifying them as popular in the women's shoe and handbag departments of Nordstrom's 117 stores starting today.
Current popular items on Pinterest include a Burberry watch, a leather moto jacket, and a pair of Dolce Vita pumps. Galipeau said the most popular categories on the social network include women's fashion, home, wedding, gifts, beauty, and kids.
The expanded store displays won't be Nordstrom's only attempt to leverage Pinterest, which was recently named the fastest-growing content sharing platform.
The retailer will also debut its holiday catalog on Pinterest first later today.
To aid salespeople, Nordstrom created an in-store app that matches up popular Pinterest items with current inventory for a department on a store-by-store basis.
Galipeau told us that the Pinterest displays in the retailer's stores will be refreshed by associates every week, although the store might update more often if the staff notices a big trend.
"The customer is voting with their pins to tell us what they think is hot - and we're listening closely," Galipeau said. "It's always really exciting to see what they pin."
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months