Norway may build the world's first tunnel for ships
Norwegian Coastal Administration
Now, the country is trying to construct the world's first tunnel for ships - which would see between 70 and 120 vessels per day.As noted by BBC News, the tunnel started gaining public support in the 1980s, and the Norwegian Coastal Administration (NCA) has since embarked on several feasibility studies to see how it could be realized.
If the plans are approved, construction could start as early as 2019, Andreassen says.The NCA worked with Snøhetta, an Oslo-based architecture firm, to create renderings of what the tunnel would look like. Check them out below.
- Tech giants Google, Amazon, and Apple back work authorisation in US for spouses of H-1B visa holders
- This new book about saving a forest as big as 178,000 football fields is only partly fictional
- Cyclone Tauktae causes heavy rains in Kerala — coastal areas are badly affected
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat