Oklahoma ex-police officer accused of sexually assaulting more than a dozen women has been found guilty
Former Oklahoma City policeman Daniel Holtzclaw was found guilty on 18 of 36 counts of sexual assault, including five counts of rape in the first degree.
Oklahoma's News9 channel is reporting that the sentences add up to 263 years in prison.
The jury's verdict was delivered on Holtzclaw's 29th birthday. Holtzclaw was visibly distraught, sobbing uncontrollably and swaying from side to side as Judge Timothy Henderson read out the jury's verdict.
Holtzclaw was lead out in handcuffs shortly after by members of the Sheriff's Department.
Kyle Schwab, a reporter for The Oklahoman, reported that as Holtzclaw was lead into the gallery, he told his family, "I didn't do it."
In the gallery of the courthouse, some of Holtzclaw's victims gathered to hug, pray, and even sing "Happy Birthday" to Holtzclaw.
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn