One Of The Best Songs In 'Frozen' Almost Didn't Make It Into The Movie
According to a new special airing on ABC Tuesday, September 2 called "The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic," everyone's favorite snowman song nearly didn't make it into the film's final cut.
"Frozen" producer Peter Del Vecho reveals there was a screening of the film in February 2013 and "although the individual parts were strong and working, it just didn't add up."
Del Vecho says the "Do You Want To Build a Snowman?" segment was taken out at one point and was in and out of the film a few times.
Songwriter Robert Lopez recalls emails coming down the Disney chain of command asking why the song was missing from the film.
"It was not put back in the film until the witching hour before we released it," says Kristen Bell, who voices Anna in the animated picture.
"Thankfully, at the very last moment, someone made the call of putting it back in," she added. "I think it's one of the best songs in the movie."
"Frozen" went on to make more than $1.2 billion at theaters after it opened in theaters November 2013. The making of "Frozen" special will air on ABC Tuesday at 8 p.m.
Watch the segment below and listen to the song below:
- Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro and Pixel Watch 2 launched with improved AI features
- Moto G54 5G review – affordable option with a large battery
- Reliance Brands forges partnership with ‘urban cool’ fashion brand Superdry
- ED arrests AAP MP Sanjay Singh in Delhi excise policy case
- Top 10 unique benefits of adding Flax Seeds to your diet