One of the original Pokemon just got a new evolution, and fans are going wild over it
"Pokémon Sword and Shield"/Nintendo
- Farfetch'd, one of the original 150 Pokémon, is getting a brand-new evolution in "Pokémon Sword and Shield."
- The new Pokémon is called Sirfetch'd and it makes use of Farfetch'd signature leek as a sword, with the leek's leaves serving as a shield.
- "Pokémon Sword and Shield" will be released for the Nintendo Switch on November 15.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
After more than 20 years, one of the original 150 Pokémon is getting an evolution.The Pokémon Company revealed on Wednesday that Farfetch'd caught in the Galar region of "Pokémon Sword and Shield" will be able to evolve into a brand-new Pokémon named Sirfetch'd.Advertisement
Armed with a sharpened leek as a sword and using the leek's leaves as a shield, Sirfetch'd appears to fit perfectly within the themes of "Pokémon Sword and Shield."
Sirfetch'd is described as "a noble knight that fights fair and square." The Pokémon stands just two feet and seven inches tall, and its sword looks to have twice the height. Sirfetch'd is a plain fighting Pokémon, instead of a Normal/Flying type like Farfetch'd.The new Pokémon will have a new move called Meteor Assault that can only be learned by Sirfetch'd. It's said that once its leek withers, Sirfetch'd will retire from battling, but it's unclear if this will impact the game at all.So far, fans have already embraced the new Pokémon and started posting fan art and memes on social media as soon as rumors of Sirfetch'd appeared online.Advertisement
Here's what some members the Pokémon community are saying so far:
"Sword and Shield" are the latest generation of Pokémon games arriving on the Nintendo Switch on November 15.Advertisement
I WANT A SERIES OF ANIMATED SHORTS OF SIRFETCH'D GOING AROUIND SAVING THE WORLD https://t.co/rYe9pDN025- Tom the Iron Man @ #MOVEFest2019 (@SgtHarvey) September 18, 2019
Oh shit, Farfetched is finally getting an evolution. Pokémon Sword/Shield is gonna be dope. I like what they're doing pic.twitter.com/49TXCHEP19- DE'COLDEST (@NaijaKang) September 18, 2019
Sir Fetch'd a lot. He likes big leeks and he cannot lie.- Filip (MaJu ) V. (@MagicJukebox_V) September 18, 2019
- Air passenger who took IndiGo Bengaluru-Madurai flight tests positive for COVID-19
- Microsoft starts rolling out Windows 10 May update with built-in Linux, gaming improvements and more
- COVID-19: 128 fresh cases in AP, tally rises to 3,245
- Bitcoin hodl waves indicate 60% of the cryptocurrency is being hoarded – analysts suggest a bull run could be in the offing
- India’s largest packaging company Uflex partners with IIT-Delhi to develop PPE kits—shares soar 9%