New leak reveals that OnePlus’ next smartphone will be for the mid-range buyer who likes taking great photos — but that’s not all
OnePlus 8 Liteis expected to be the company’s next mid-range device.
- The OnePlus 8 Lite is expected to feature a triple camera setup at the back.
- OnePlus will announce the OnePlus 8 series in the first half of 2020.
The device was spotted by Slashleaks in a video starring OnePlus CEO Pete Lau. In the video, a box containing several OnePlus devices is placed on the table and the alleged OnePlus 8 Lite is placed at the front of the box. It’s not known if the device was a working prototype or just a dummy.
As per a leaked specs sheet, the OnePlus 8 Lite is expected to feature a 48-megapixel primary camera, a 16-megapixel ultra-wide angle lens and a 12-megapixel telephoto sensor. There’s no information about the selfie camera yet.
While not much is known about the OnePlus 8 Lite, it is possible that the device will be powered by the recently announced Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chipset which has an integrated 5G modem. Apart from this, the device is expected to feature a full HD+ AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, an in-display fingerprint sensor and up to 4,000mAh battery.
The OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are expected to be powered by the flagship Snapdragon 865 chipset. The renders of the alleged OnePlus 8 Lite had leaked last month revealing a dual camera device. However, the new leak has revealed that the device will instead sport a vertically aligned triple camera setup.
OnePlus 8 Lite: the new mid-range OnePlus device?
This is not the first time that OnePlus is launching a mid-range device. The company had launched the OnePlus X, its first mid-range device in 2015. However, the device failed to perform, and the company never announced its successor.
Now that smartphone makers like Samsung and Google are focusing on the mid-range segment with their premium devices, looks like OnePlus wants to enter the mid-range segment once again. Samsung recently announced the S10 Lite and the Note 10 Lite, which are toned down versions of its flagship devices. Similarly, Google has its Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL that performed well in the mid-range segment.
OnePlus Concept One teaser reveals disappearing rear camera setup
Google is expected to release a cheaper version of its Pixel 4 smartphone next year - here's what it may look like
Samsung will reveal its new flagship Galaxy smartphone in early February
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah
- Patna IPS officer probing case related to Sushant Singh Rajput's death 'forcibly quarantined' in Mumbai: DGP
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa tests positive for COVID-19
- Ayodhya begins rituals for the foundation ceremony of the Ram Temple
- DCGI gives nod to Serum Institute of India for phase 2 and 3 human clinical trials of the Oxford COVID-19 vaccine candidate