Optiemus and Wistron join hands to invest $200mn to set up telecom manufacturing facilities in India
Keeping in mind Indian government’s ‘
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUAs per information, a strategic investment worth approximately US$ 200million would be done in world-class infrastructure, technologies and processes over the next five years. This would be done to cater to the growing Indian and global demands of telecom products like smart phones, tablets and smart devices.
The joint venture also aims to create over 15,000 employment opportunities in India in the next 5 years and provide a complete end to end solution to global and Indian brands encompassing world-class manufacturing infrastructure, distribution, retail and after sales.
By 2017, India is expected to overtake USA to be the second largest smartphone market globally, as per research firm IDC. The market is expected to continue to grow in double-digits over the next few years as more and more people switch to smartphones and gradually upgrade to 4G-enabled phones.
- Best mini fridge in India in 2021
- Branded fully automatic washing machines for large families
- Best fully automatic washing machines for effortless washing in India
- India is seeking details on the rise in Swiss bank deposits from the South Asian country
- A UN report says India's new IT rules do not conform with international human rights norms