Our 17 most-read tech stories of 2018
- From revelations about Amazon's warehouses to people buying "flamethrowers" from Elon Musk's Boring Company, it's been quite a year in tech.
- To look back on the past 12 months, we've compiled the most-read tech stories on Business Insider.
- Here are our 17 most popular stories of the year.
As 2018 comes to a close, it's time to look back on the year in tech.
The past 12 months have brought hilarity in all forms, like Rep. Steve King confusing which company makes the iPhone, and people lighting stuff on fire with Elon Musk's Not-A-Flamethrower.
But the year has also brought new revelations, like how late Apple CEO Steve Jobs treated his daughter, Lisa, and the conditions inside Amazon's warehouses.
As a way to look back on 2018, we've compiled the 17 most-read tech stories of the year on Business Insider.
Here they are:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
17. "We used Google Flights and Kayak to see which is best for booking travel — here's the verdict" by Avery Hartmans
16. "This 26-year-old makes $500,000 every month playing 'Fortnite' in his bedroom — here's how he does it" by Kaylee Fagan
15. "People are already torching things they shouldn't with Elon Musk's flamethrowers" by Isobel Asher Hamilton
14. "6 reasons you should buy the iPhone 8 over the new iPhone XS" by Avery Hartmans
13. "How this woman went from a Pizza Hut employee to a founder of a $4 billion startup" by Julie Bort
12. "There's a good working theory about why Apple discontinued the iPhone X, the best phone it's ever made, only a year after announcing it" by Shona Ghosh
11. "The memoir by Steve Jobs' daughter makes clear he was a truly rotten person whose bad behavior was repeatedly enabled by those around him" — opinion piece by Troy Wolverton
10. "If you own an iPhone 6 or later that isn't holding its charge, now is the time to get your battery replaced" by Dave Smith
9. "All Apple employees now get standing desks — and Tim Cook has said he believes 'sitting is the new cancer'" by Kif Leswing
8. "'You're getting nothing': Steve Jobs' daughter wrote a heartbreaking memoir about their often brutal relationship" by Shona Ghosh
7. "Microsoft has a problem with Xbox that it can't buy its way out of" by Ben Gilbert
6. "Apple quietly killed off 4 older versions of the iPhone — including the last versions that had a headphone jack" by Troy Wolverton
5. "Minutes after Sen. Susan Collins announced her support for Brett Kavanaugh, the site to fund her opponent was so overwhelmed that it crashed" by Julie Bort
4. "Undercover author finds Amazon warehouse workers in UK 'peed in bottles' over fears of being punished for taking a break" by Shona Ghosh
3. "'Siri, I'm getting pulled over': A new shortcut for iPhones can automatically record the police" by Kif Leswing
2. "People are donating money to Kylie Jenner to help her become the world's youngest billionaire" by Zoë Bernard
1. "Democrats erupt into laughter after Google CEO has to explain to Rep. Steve King that the 'iPhone is made by a different company'" by Nick Bastone