India has seen 15,700 website hacks so far in 2018, nearly half the number from last year: report
- Over 15,700
Indian websiteswere hacked, which is nearly half the number of hacks that took place last year, PTI reported citing Ravi Shankar Prasad, Electronics and IT Minister.
- A ‘Crisis Management Plan’ has been forged to address cyber threats and terrorism by the ministries under central and state government.
- Over the last three years, 23 financial fraud cases were also registered including the ones directly affecting ATMs, Point of sale (PoS) systems and Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
As per the information tracked by the
A ‘crisis management plan’ has been forged to address cyber threats and terrorism by the ministries under the central and state government, SS Ahluwalia, Minister of State for Electronics and IT, reportedly said.
In addition to this, Ahluwalia also told that the government has been taking measures to strengthen cyber security and working in sync with the CERT to address the cyber attacks. The CERT raises alerts on latest cyber threats and its quick fix, which is regularly assesed to ensure alertness of organisations within the government.
According to National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), nearly 33,000 cases of cyber crime were recorded during 2014-2016, including the cases under Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Information Technology Act 2000.
Apart from this, 23 financial fraud cases were also registered in the last three years, such as the ones directly affecting ATMs, Point of sale (PoS) systems and Unified Payment Interface (UPI), according to the report.
Quora says 100 million user accounts may have been hacked giving out passwords, e-mails in massive data breach
How a free travel insurance offer on the Indian Railways website left data of 200,000 passengers exposed to hackers for two years
Google+ will shut down 4 months early after Google discovered a second data breach affecting more than 52 million users
- Arunachal CM launches entrepreneurship plan to boost economy
- Meghalaya has set up task force to revive economy: Sangma
- Google may replace Duo video calling app with Meet
- Inside pics of the new Mahindra Thar 2020 — The next-gen SUV
- Mahindra Thar 2020 is set to make a market debut today— here’s what to watch out for