Over 40% of China's online products are fake!
AdvertisementAs a big shock to Chinese e-commerce giants like Alibaba, an official investigation by Chinese authorities found that over 40% items sold online last year were shoddy or counterfeit.
According to the report, authorities received 77,800 complaints last year about online orders, a whopping 356.6% hike from last year. It urged tightened management on online trade.
China is currently the world largest online retail market with over $442 billion transacted online. The country's online retail increased by 40% annually. The manufacture and sale of shoddy or counterfeit goods has become a key concern in the sector.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu