Patagonia founder: 'Trump is the perfect person to take us to the apocalypse'
In a recent interview with The New Yorker, the environmentalist and businessman painted a dark picture of the future when the topic of the current election cycle came up.
"Trump is the perfect person to take us to the apocalypse," Chouinard told the New Yorker, after claiming we're "seeing the end of empire, the end of globalism."
"People will revert: protecting your family, protecting your village. Like the Dark Ages. I honestly believe that," Chouinard said.
Chouinard has a bit of a history of outspoken, blunt opinions. He fiercely opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a trade agreement between countries that's become a controversial issue throughout the election, noting that his criticism got himself "On Obama's shit list."
His biggest concern, however, is climate change.
"Nobody's mentioning global warming," Chouinard said. "No one wants to deal with it."
During Chouinard's interview with The New Yorker, a Hillary Clinton speech played on the radio in which she said she "believes climate change is real."
In response, Chouinard said: "That was her environmental message? Oh, God."
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Spotify set to overtake Apple Podcasts by the end of this year: eMarketer
- Bitcoin scammers used Apple's iPhone 13 reveal to steal $69,000 from fans
- Mirror, mirror on the wall; when will you stop judging us all: asks Taapsee Pannu in her latest ad with SUGAR Cosmetics
- This Indian chef says he is making his entire month's salary from one Instagram video but for him it’s just a tool
- Evergrande’s impact on Bitcoin highlights how cryptocurrencies still have growing pains