Patagonia founder: 'Trump is the perfect person to take us to the apocalypse'
In a recent interview with The New Yorker, the environmentalist and businessman painted a dark picture of the future when the topic of the current election cycle came up."Trump is the perfect person to take us to the apocalypse," Chouinard told the New Yorker, after claiming we're "seeing the end of empire, the end of globalism."
Chouinard has a bit of a history of outspoken, blunt opinions. He fiercely opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a trade agreement between countries that's become a controversial issue throughout the election, noting that his criticism got himself "On Obama's shit list."His biggest concern, however, is climate change.
"Nobody's mentioning global warming," Chouinard said. "No one wants to deal with it."During Chouinard's interview with The New Yorker, a Hillary Clinton speech played on the radio in which she said she "believes climate change is real."In response, Chouinard said: "That was her environmental message? Oh, God."
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official
- Sensex slips 763 points, Nifty ends below 14,400 — metals, banks drag market lower
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status