Paytm is expanding its warehouse network, is willing to double investment to Rs 500 crore
This means, it will double its investment in warehouses from Rs 200 crore.
"We are aggressively investing in increasing our logistics services for merchants and aim to have 50 third-party fulfilment centres by the end of this year from 19 now," Sudhanshu Gupta, AVP, business, at Paytm, told ET.
In a bid to fulfil its plans, Paytm has collaborated with around 20 national as well as regional courier partners, including tier II and III cities.
"We will stick to third-party FCs (fulfilment centres) and courier partners because this is a more scalable model. It takes less investment and we are able to take advantage of their goodwill. Hence it is better to partner or strategically invest in them rather than trying to build a special vertical for this," said Gupta.
Popular on BI
- US again vetoes UNSC resolution calling for immediate Gaza ceasefire
- Putin praises Modi for his tough policies; says he is 'main guarantor' of steady Russia-India relationship
- "World recognizes that there's no option but to come to India for a large demand": Piyush Goyal
- EU reaches provisional agreement on landmark AI Act, a global first
- Green Bonds and Sustainable Finance