Paytm Money is going after the big bucks in futures and options trading
- Paytm’s subsidiary
Paytm Moneyhas now launched Futures & Options trading (F&O) on its platform at a flat fee of ₹10 for all trades.
- In India, the F&O segment accounts for over 90% of the overall market volumes.
- Paytm Money CEO said that the company is aiming at a daily turnover of ₹1.5 lakh crore and 1 million trades in the next 18-24 months.
- Other players in the stockbroking market like Zerodha, Sharekhan, Angel Broking too offer F&O trading options.
In India, the F&O segment accounts for over 90% of the overall market volumes. And Paytm is hoping to tap into the tremendous opportunity in the futures and options space. "On the mission to bring wealth services to 100 million Indians, the launch of F&O will accelerate our path,” said Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder & CEO of Paytm.
Paytm Money CEO Varun Sridhar said that the company is aiming at a daily turnover of ₹1.5 lakh crore and 1 million trades in the next 18-24 months. And with the low-cost fee, it targets to make deeper inroads into smaller towns and cities in India.
Other players in the stockbroking market like Zerodha, Sharekhan, Angel Broking too offer F&O trading options. Recently, the National Stock Exchange too had launched derivatives on the Nifty Financial Services Index. On the first day itself, NSE recorded trades worth ₹511 crore.
Paytm Money, which claims to have over 7 million users, has been expanding its portfolio of offerings. Having started off as a platform for mutual funds, Paytm Money went on to launch stock market trading, along with other financial services like ETF, IPO, NPS, and also digital gold.
SEE ALSO: India needs Elon Musk’s Tesla as well as local electric cars to compete — here’s what Finance Minister’s Budget 2021 may do
Amid all the Bitcoin hype, another Indian cryptocurrency startup CoinSwitch Kuber gets $15 million in funding
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80