Paytm is planning to invest huge in marketing flight bookings business
"Flights being a very new category with huge growth potential, we are looking to invest in marketing and scale the business aggressively," Paytm VP Abhishek Rajan told ET, saying that they are planning to invest an additional Rs 300 crore in the business.
It was in April that Paytm had announced its plans to invest around Rs 120 crore on its travel marketplace this year, and in August, over 1 million tickets were booked via Paytm, a number that is expected to double by Feb’17.
According to Paytm founder
Popular on BI
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days
- IPO-bound OYO acquires Denmark's holiday home chain Bornholmske Feriehuse
- Sensex rallies 580 points, buoyed by intense buying in IT, bank stocks