Paytm’s Vijay Shekhar Sharma is wealthier than Sunil Mittal, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Anand Mahindra and several others
Paytmfounder Vijay Shekhar Sharmais the only startup guy to be in the top 50 of the list.
- Hurun Report India and IIFL Wealth Management have released the 8th edition of IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2019.
- He is joined by others like Byju Raveendran, Sachin Bansal, Nithin Kamath, Binny Bansal in the list.
Sharma has a net wealth of ₹20,400 crores, according to the report.
Sharma holds rank 41 in the list which has 953 entrants. He even ranks higher than Sunil Mittal of Airtel, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw of Biocon and Anand Mahindra of Mahindra Group.
The billionaire entrepreneur is joined by others like Byju Raveendran, Sachin Bansal, Nithin Kamath, Binny Bansal in the list.
Average wealth of the list is around ₹5,300 crores and the average age is 60
In 2017, Sharma was ranked as India’s youngest billionaire by Forbes.
Paytm is the leading digital payments company in India. The parent company One97 communications houses 2 unicorns Paytm and Paytm Mall. The third subsidiary Paytm Money is also in its way to become a unicorn.
- COVID death toll in Delhi mounts to 288; 412 fresh cases
- These Indian states have seen the worst economic impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Global mobile phone shipments to decline 14.6% in 2020: Gartner
- The latest travel advisory allows hotels to release Indians returning from abroad after 7 days of quarantine — the rest is ‘self isolation’
- Redmi Earbuds S brings a true wireless experience at ₹1,799