Pentagon Announces Cyber Force Expansion As Anonymous Hacks Government Websites
From The Post:
Nakashima previously reported that major U.S. banks have asked the National Security Agency (NSA) for help protecting their computer systems after hackers, suspected to be Iranian, disrupted bank websites for months.
The national mission forces would address these defensive concerns, while the combat mission forces would be involved with the increasing use of cyberattacks to precede physical attacks.
Marines have been conducting cyberattacks in Afghanistan for years. In March Gen. Keith Alexander, chief of both the NSA and U.S. Cyber Command (CYBERCOM), announced the plan to have teams in various regions of the world to focus on foreign foes such as China or Iran.
The cyber protection forces would presumably deal with events such as the recent attacks on
Over the weekend hackers took background control of multiple .gov sites as they turned the U.S. Sentencing Commission website and the U.S. Probation Office for the state of Michigan website into games of asteroids to protest the aggressive prosecution of hackivist Aaron Swartz, who recently committed suicide.
In June Obama administration officials admitted that highly-effective cyberattacks against Iran were executed by the NSA and Israel while acknowledging that employing cyberweapons "could enable other countries, terrorists or hackers to justify their own attacks."
The Justice Department is now looking to prosecute those high-level leakers.
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World