People are going crazy over fries that are covered with as much stuff as possible
Courtesy of Foursquare
Once the hamburger's lonely side dish, the french fry has made its way up to entrée-level status at restaurants across America - and ketchup alone is no longer sufficient.
People are taking to social media to share photos of their massive, entrée-style french fries, topped with everything from guacamole to cotton candy.
Audrey Tolbert, a marketing specialist at Foursquare, was inspired to create the hashtag #friescoveredwithstuff while chowing down on fries at Chi'Lantro BBQ in Austin, Texas.
She and her co-worker realized, "The more stuff you put on fries, the better," Tolbert told us. "From that #friescoveredwithstuff was born."
With the help of Foursquare, a city-guide app for discovering new places, we've rounded up 22 dishes that show just how gluttonous fries can be.
Feast your eyes on these #friescoveredwithstuff.
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
- Samsung announces Galaxy Watch5 Series with sleep tracking and IR temperature sensor
- India's exports rose to $36 billion in July; trade deficit almost triples
- Rupee, bond yield ends almost flat ahead of the long weekend