People are hearing 'motor noises' coming from Apple's mysterious lab
The Sunnyvale campus has been linked to Apple through city documents, and there's a fair amount of evidence that the property is where Apple is developing its car that has been called an "open secret.""[Do] there have to [be] motor noises at 11:00 p.m. at night like last night? Even with the windows closed I could still hear it," the Sunnyvale resident wrote, according to Apple Insider.
But previous reports have indicated that Apple is doing prototyping work at the facility. If Apple were to be building, say, a car frame or automotive components, the lathes and mills needed to shape the metal could produce a fair amount of noise as well.Also, in the past week, Apple posted a job opening for a "welder/fabricator" in Santa Clara county under its hardware engineering department. The listing asks for large-scale prototyping skills, including experience with TIG and MIG welding, and the ability to bend tubes.
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC