2 siblings, ages 14 and 9, say they make more than $30,000 a month mining bitcoin, ether, and ravencoin
- Ishaan Thakur, 14, and his sister Aanya, 9, mine
bitcoin, ether, and ravencoin, CNBC reported.
- The pair claim to earn more than $30,000 a month and their dad helped them set up their own company.
- The siblings mine from their home and a rented-out data center in Dallas,
Two siblings have started their own cryptocurrency
Ishaan Thakur, 14, and his sister, Aanya, 9, set up Flifer Technologies in April with the help of their father, Manish Raj, per CNBC.
"We started because we wanted to learn something new about technology - and also make some money along the way," Ishaan told CNBC.
The pair, based in Frisco, Texas, told CNBC that they make more than $30,000 a month mining bitcoin, ether, and ravencoin - an altcoin with a $897 million market cap, according to Coinbase.com.
Read more: A top market technician who got bullish on Cardano before it surged 92% explains how it could 'double or triple' from current levels - and reveals why Solana might have the most bullish crypto chart of all
The brother and sister started mining ether, and on their first day made $3, Ishaan told CNBC. As their earnings grew, their father invested in specialist mining hardware and graphic cards in July, so that they could mine bitcoin and ravencoin, per CNBC.
They mine from their home and data center in Dallas, which the family rents, Ishaan told CNBC.
Ishaan told CNBC that his children only use "100% renewable energy" for their mining.
Each time a miner solves a problem, they earn a bitcoin in return, although the practice has faced criticism for the environmental impact of its energy use.
Sam Bankman-Fried, the 29-year-old founder of crypto-trading exchange FTX who started trading crypto in 2017, has a net worth of almost $8.7 billion, according to Forbes.
However, volatile swings in the value of some cryptocurrencies has made investing in certain coins a riskier bet than many other types of investment.
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock double after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi
- Top 10 most wicket-takers for India in the history of Test Cricket