Who has the best cheap car insurance in Delaware?
- Delaware is the eighth-most expensive state for car insurance, according to the Insurance Information Institute.
- In Delaware, USAA tends to offer the best cheap car insurance, along with Progressive and State Farm. For drivers with less-than-perfect credit, GEICO might be more ideal.
- In order to get the best rate for you in Delaware, you'll have to shop around for car insurance. Get quotes from several different insurance companies, and compare the coverage, deductible, and premiums to find the most auto insurance for your money.
- Read more personal finance coverage.
Car insurance isn't cheap in Delaware - in fact, it has the eighth-highest cost of car insurance in the US, with the average driver spending $1,159 per year for coverage according to the Insurance Information Institute.
There are a lot of factors that can go into what you'll pay for auto insurance. Your age, gender, zip code, and even the type of car you drive can all influence your premium greatly, and each company will consider these factors differently.That said, even in a state where insurance can be pricey like Delaware, there's still a lot to be saved by shopping around and seeing what different lenders have to offer. Here are a few companies that are the best for starting your search, depending on your credit level.
Where to find the best cheap car insurance in Delaware
Consumer Reports obtained pricing formulas for each state from insurance companies all over the US. It then estimated the average premium for a single adult driver in Delaware based on the formulas, and found that a few companies offer the best cheap car insurance.
For drivers in Delaware with good credit, or FICO scores between 670 to 739, USAA and Progressive tend to offer the lowest premiums.
- USAA car insurance: $900 per year
- Progressive car insurance: $1,754 per year
- State Farm car insurance: $1,877 per year
Drivers with excellent FICO scores of over 800 will see some of the best premiums on their auto insurance. Here are the prices Consumer Reports found these companies would charge the average single driver with a high credit score:
- USAA car insurance: $684 per year
- State Farm car insurance: $1,287 per year
- Progressive car insurance: $1,416 per year
Delaware drivers with poor credit, or scores below 579, will pay the most for car insurance.
- GEICO car insurance: $2,088 per year
- USAA car insurance: $2,565 per year
- Nationwide car insurance: $2,851 per year
Who gets the best cheap car insurance in Delaware?
When it comes to who gets the best prices on their premium, there are a few factors that can influence your price, including your credit score. But, each insurance company will consider these things and price your policy differently.And that's why it's so important to shop around when looking for car insurance. When shopping for car insurance, you'll want to get several quotes from different companies, and compare them to see which companies will offer you the most coverage for your money.
Don't get hung up on the premium, either - also consider the amount of coverage that's included, and the deductible, or the amount you'll pay out of pocket if you get into an accident. Generally, the lower the premium, the higher the deductible, so make sure that you'll have enough cash on hand.
The companies listed above are a good place to start your shopping, and checking your credit score can be helpful too. When it comes to getting the best cheap car insurance in Delaware, there's nothing more important than shopping around.