Philly Fed crushes expectations
The reading on the health of the manufacturing in and around Philadelphia crushed expectations. Economists surveyed by Bloomberg projected the reading to come in at 9.1.
This was an increase from November's reading of 7.6.
New orders fell by 5 points while shipments increased by 3 points. Both remained positive, indicating growth.
According to the release from the Philly Fed, forward outlook from firms remained positive.
"Firms' optimism about future manufacturing growth improved markedly this month," the release said. "Firms were much more optimistic about future employment as well as capital spending over the first half of next year."
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Star Health and Allied Insurance IPO — Here is how to check your allotment status, GMP at a discount
- Best portable photo studios in India
- Best spike guards for home use in India
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?