Pizza Hut is experimenting with connected cars so you can order food while you drive, without your phone
Craig Warga/Bloomberg via Getty Images
A feature called Interactive Voice Control (IVR) will let you talk to your car to place your order hands-free, while Visa Checkout will let you make your payments with "just a few clicks, integrated into the dash of a connected car," Visa says.Beacon technology (Bluetooth LTE) will be used to let Pizza Hut employees know when a customer shows up to get their pizza. Accenture is overseeing the system integration.
Visa will be demonstrating the connected car system at MWC this week, and plans to roll out the experiment in Northern California this spring for a three-month test run.
- Andhra ASHA worker's death following Covid jab triggers protest
- Downloadable e-version of voter identity card to be launched on January 25
- Covid-19 test mandatory for guests attending Varun Dhawan's wedding
- First confirmed case of COVID-19 in pet reported in South Korea
- All iPhone 13 models to come with sensor-shift camera stabilisation, says report