Pizza Hut is going to deliver beer from hundreds of locations across the US
- Pizza Hut will have expanded beer delivery to 300 locations across the US by mid-January, the chain announced on Monday.
- By this summer, the chain plans to deliver beer from 1,000 locations.
- Pizza Hut has struggled to grow sales in the US in recent years and is pushing beer as a unique option that customers can't find at other pizza delivery rivals.
Pizza Hut is expanding beer delivery to hundreds of locations across America.By mid-January, customers will be able to order beer for delivery at nearly 300 locations across the US, including restaurants in Florida, Iowa, Nebraska, North Carolina, and Ohio, the chain announced on Monday. By this summer, Pizza Hut plans to offer beer delivery at 1,000 locations. Advertisement
Pizza Hut is pushing beer delivery leading up to Super Bowl LIII in early February. The Super Bowl is one of the biggest business days of the year at the chain.
In February 2018, Pizza Hut announced it had signed a multiyear agreement to be the NFL's official pizza sponsor, one day after Papa John's said it had ended its NFL sponsorship deal.Read more: Pizza Hut is trying to cash in on NFL fans by taking the opposite approach of Papa John's and Nike
"I know that they've been down the past few years, but if you look at NFL games, they continue to be the highest-rated programming in television today," Marianne Radley, Pizza Hut's chief brand officer, told Business Insider in September. "And, there's nothing that's suggesting that's going to change."Pizza Hut has struggled to grow same-store sales in the US in recent years. So, the chain is hoping that the beer-and-pizza combination can help the chain catch up. Pizza Hut launched its beer delivery test in Arizona in December 2017. Since then, it has expanded in seven states. Advertisement
- Lal Bahadur Shastri famous quotes
- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2020: Mahatma Gandhi Famous Quotes
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10