Poco might be Xiaomi's India-first sub-brand
- Jai Mani, the Lead Product Manager for
Xiaomi India, tweeted today morning that he’s been working on the Poco sub-brand.
- He also shared the
Poco Indiaand Poco GlobalTwitter accounts.
- There is no account for China and all the leaked images show specifications written in English, suggesting this phone is exclusively for the global market.
Today is a special day. I'm excited to start sharing more about the new project I've been working on. Wish me luck!… https://t.co/ir0yvGJBJb— Jai Mani (@jaimani) 1533789775000
POCO’s user account, in turn, suggests that their introduction to the Indian market will have to do with speed, which isn’t surprising considering the Pocophone F1 AnTuTu benchmark scores that were leaked earlier this week.
Fasten your seatbelt @XiaomiIndia :) It's going to be a fast ride! @jaimani https://t.co/Pl6AeAwNLh— POCO India (@IndiaPOCO) 1533793783000
Mani’s tweet also introduced the Pocophone Global account suggesting that the phone will probably launch in more countries than just India.
Here’s the thing. Most reports suggest that the Poco or Pocophone devices will primarily be premium
And ordinarily, Xiaomi’s ‘premium’ phones are normally exclusive to China. In recent times, it’s was only the Mi Mix 2S that was sold outside the country’s borders while the Mi 8 stayed.
Which is why it was unexpected when leaked images and videos of the phone showed the phone’s specifications and features listed in English instead of Chinese. That being said, if the Pocophone is a global sub-brand without a Chinese account being brought into the picture, it’s possible the Poco devices won’t launch in China at all.
Pocophone F1 - What we know so far
As per the leaked images of the phone, which includes the retail specifications, the phone runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset accompanied by 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage. Keeping in line with trends, the phone also has a notch up top leading the phone’s screen resolution to be 2246x1080.
#Xiaomi - #PocoF1 - #PocophoneF1 - XIAOMI POCOPHONE F1 2018 Flagship Smartphone Retail Box Leaked… https://t.co/8qtxUQzeIC— /LEAKS (@Slashleaks) 1533640078000
From the front, it looks a lot like the Mi 8 but from behind it bears a striking resemblance to the OnePlus 6.
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride