Poco might be Xiaomi's India-first sub-brand
- Jai Mani, the Lead Product Manager for
Xiaomi India, tweeted today morning that he’s been working on the Poco sub-brand.
- He also shared the
Poco Indiaand Poco GlobalTwitter accounts.
- There is no account for China and all the leaked images show specifications written in English, suggesting this phone is exclusively for the global market.
Today is a special day. I'm excited to start sharing more about the new project I've been working on. Wish me luck!… https://t.co/ir0yvGJBJb— Jai Mani (@jaimani) 1533789775000
POCO’s user account, in turn, suggests that their introduction to the Indian market will have to do with speed, which isn’t surprising considering the Pocophone F1 AnTuTu benchmark scores that were leaked earlier this week.
Fasten your seatbelt @XiaomiIndia :) It's going to be a fast ride! @jaimani https://t.co/Pl6AeAwNLh— POCO India (@IndiaPOCO) 1533793783000
Mani’s tweet also introduced the Pocophone Global account suggesting that the phone will probably launch in more countries than just India.
Here’s the thing. Most reports suggest that the Poco or Pocophone devices will primarily be premium
And ordinarily, Xiaomi’s ‘premium’ phones are normally exclusive to China. In recent times, it’s was only the Mi Mix 2S that was sold outside the country’s borders while the Mi 8 stayed.
Which is why it was unexpected when leaked images and videos of the phone showed the phone’s specifications and features listed in English instead of Chinese. That being said, if the Pocophone is a global sub-brand without a Chinese account being brought into the picture, it’s possible the Poco devices won’t launch in China at all.
Pocophone F1 - What we know so far
As per the leaked images of the phone, which includes the retail specifications, the phone runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset accompanied by 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage. Keeping in line with trends, the phone also has a notch up top leading the phone’s screen resolution to be 2246x1080.
#Xiaomi - #PocoF1 - #PocophoneF1 - XIAOMI POCOPHONE F1 2018 Flagship Smartphone Retail Box Leaked… https://t.co/8qtxUQzeIC— /LEAKS (@Slashleaks) 1533640078000
From the front, it looks a lot like the Mi 8 but from behind it bears a striking resemblance to the OnePlus 6.
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- New York officials ban airports from charging up to $28 for a beer — a price tag they described as 'totally indefensible'
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22