Pokemon Go is having a big event - here's everything that's happening
The game is kicking off its next big in-game "celebration," dubbed "Adventure Week," on Thursday. For the next week following, the game's 65 million active players will find it easier to collect Pokémon and other items."Adventure Week" will last from 1:00 PM PDT May 18th at until the same time on May 25th. Here's what players can expect:Advertisement
- They'll only need to walk one-quarter of the normal distance for their Buddy Pokémon to find candy. So if they have a Pokémon that usually collects candy every 3 kilometers, they'll only have to walk three-fourths of a kilometer. In other words, their Buddy Pokémon will get four times as much candy in the same distance walked.
- More Rock-type Pokémon, including rare ones like Aerodactyl, Onix, and Sudowoodo, out in the wild.
- More items at each Pokéstop.
- An adventurer's hat for their characters, free to all players.
Still, we're inching closer to the game's one-year anniversary in July, and promised features like player-versus-player combat and Pokémon trading have yet to materialize. So while Pokémon Go fans may be hyped, all eyes are on Niantic and its ability to deliver a bigger, more permanent update to the game.
- Health Ministry launches portal for info on vaccine, clinical trials
- Elon Musk's SpaceX will launch another 60 Starlink internet satellites into Earth’s orbit tonight
- Farmers protest in India intensify — Kerala MP and Punjab CM to move the Supreme Court, three Punjab BJP leaders resign
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services