9 in 10 small business owners say there's a lack of qualified job applicants in the labor shortage, according to a survey
- A record 51% of small businesses couldn't fill job openings in September, a report said.
- Amid a US
labor shortage, a record 42% of owners said they had raised compensation.
More than nine in 10
The figure, 92%, was up one percentage point on August, per an NFIB statement last month. It comes as businesses large and small say they're struggling to find staff because of a national labor shortage.
The report also showed that 51% of small businesses said they had job openings that they were unable to fill in September - a record number for the second consecutive month. This is also up one percentage point from August and above the historical average of 22% dating back to 1986, per the NFIB report.
A record 42% of small business owners that were surveyed said they had hiked compensation, per the report. This is up from one percentage point in August. Meanwhile, 30% of small businesses said they are planning to increase wages in the next three months, according to NFIB's report.
Some companies say the labor shortage is because staff don't want to work - whereas staff say they want increased pay and better working conditions.
"More and more small business owners are struggling to find workers for their open positions," NFIB Chief Economist Bill Dunkelberg said in the statement. "For most small employers, labor costs are the largest operating outlay and owners will be compelled to pass those costs on to their customers by raising prices."Expanded Coverage Module: what-is-the-labor-shortage-and-how-long-will-it-last
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- RBI directs credit information companies to appoint internal ombudsman
- 5G could be India’s next growth engine, and a successful rollout hinges on telcos, govt policies
- Ambani family has been target of threats over the years
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World