China's factory activity and retail sales grew by the most in 10 months in October, as the world's second biggest economy leaves COVID-19 behind
industrial productiongrew by 6.9% in October, compared to the same month last year, marking the largest increase so far this year. Retail salesrose by 4.3% year-on-year in October, falling short of market expectations for a reading of 4.9%, but this was above September's 3.3% gain and was the largest increase since last December.
- "Today's latest economic data from
Chinawas also welcomed as further evidence that the Chinese economyis continuing its slow recovery from its February lockdown malaise," Michael Hewson, chief market analyst at CMC Marketssaid.
Industrial production rose by 6.9% year-on-year in October, beating market expectations for a rise of 6.7% and marking the largest increase since December, thanks to strong improvements in all major sectors, according to Chinese government data.
Machinery production grew 17.6% in October, versus 15.9% in September, while other sectors that posted strong increases included auto manufacturing, which grew 14.7% from September's 16.4%, general equipment output, which rose 13.1%, from the previous month's 12.5% and textile production, which rose 9.5% in October, after September's 5.6%.
Meanwhile, a separate release showed Chinese retail sales rose by 4.3% year-on-year in October, falling short of market expectations for a reading of 4.9%, but this was above September's 3.3% gain and the largest increase since last December, as
"Today's latest economic data from China was also welcomed as further evidence that the Chinese economy is continuing its slow recovery from its February lockdown malaise," Michael Hewson, chief market analyst at CMC Markets said.
"Today's October number of 4.3% while lower than expected was nonetheless helped in no small part by the Golden Week holiday at the beginning of the month, and augurs well for a strong end to the year, with Singles Day in November likely to also offer a significant boost when the November numbers are released next month," he added.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons