Colorado forced companies to disclose salaries on job listings - and now some companies won't hire workers from the Centennial State
- Some companies are seeking remote
workersfrom all states except from Colorado, the WSJ reported.
- Colorado enacted a law on Jan. 1 requiring employers to disclose salaries in job listings.
- The move was to help ensure equal pay for equal work.
Colorado passed a law that required employers tell prospective
View all Offers
Dettol Original Germ Protection Bathing Soap bar, 125 gm, Buy 4 Get 1 Free₹ 220Buy On
Dettol Original Germ Protection Liquid Handwash Refill, 1500ml (Price Off)₹ 208Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control, with Onion Oil & Plant Keratin 250ml₹ 349Buy On
- 30% OFF
Pampers All round Protection Pants, Large size baby diapers (LG) 64 Count, Anti Rash diapers, Lotion with Aloe Vera₹ 801₹ 1149Buy On
- 6% OFF
Parachute jumbo pack 100% pure coconut oil 600 ml (bottle )₹ 236₹ 250Buy On
Colorado enacted the rule to ensure equal pay for equal work. A 2020 report from the National Women's Law Center found gender wage gaps are narrower in fields that require salary range transparency in job postings.Women who were full-time, year-round employees made 82.3 cents for every dollar men made in 2019. Research from McKinsey found women negotiated for promotion and raises more often than men, but were less likely to receive them - in part because women who negotiate are 30% more likely to receive feedback stating they are "intimidating," "too aggressive," or "bossy." Career experts told Insider's Erin McDowell asking the salary range before interviewing can be tricky, as employers are turned off by applicants that appear unprofessional, and online salary crowdsourcing sites like Glassdoor and Payscale can be inaccurate.
Johnson & Johnson, McKesson, CBRE Group, and Cardinal Health were not immediately available for further comment.
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones