Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Finland has been named the happiest country in the world for the sixth year running.
- It's now offering 10 people a free trip to take part in a "Masterclass of Happiness."
Finland has been named the happiest country in the world for the sixth year running.
The Nordic country topped the rankings with a score that was "significantly ahead of all other countries," according to the World Happiness Report 2023 published this week. The report, published by the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network and written by a team of independent experts, measures factors such as average income and mental and physical health. The data for the report is primarily taken from Gallup's World Poll.
After repeated success in the area, Visit Finland is now offering ten people the chance to come to the country and learn how to be happy like the Finnish.
Visit Finland's "Masterclass of Happiness" is scheduled to take place over 4-days in June at the Kuru luxury retreat in Finland's Lake District. Visit Finland will cover all travel and accommodation expenses, which include a private room, access to a private sauna and spa, and all other "essential facilities," according to Visit Finland's website.
The trip includes sessions with Finnish experts to learn about nature crafts, food and well-being, and health and balance, per the website.
Applications are open now until April 2, with hopefuls asked to make a Reel or TikTok showing why they "may secretly be a Finn" as part of their application. The participants will also be filmed during the visit with the material used for Visit Finland's advertising, according to the website.
Heli Jimenez, senior director at the governmental organization Business Finland, said in a press release that Finland's national happiness "stems from a close relationship with nature and our down-to-earth lifestyle: it's not some mystical state."
It is a "skill that can be learned," she said.
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May