GST Council meet: No new tax on food delivery apps Swiggy, Zomato
- The GST council has decided not to levy any new tax on food delivery giant
- It has also decided to continue keeping petrol and
dieselout of the GST purview.
- It extended the period of concessional GST rates on certain COVID-related drugs by three months.
The Council, which comprises the Union
Briefing reporters on the decisions taken by the Council at a meeting here, Union Finance Minister
AdvertisementIt extended the period of concessional GST rates on certain COVID-related drugs by three months till December 31 but decided not to give the same benefit to medical equipment.
The concessional regime for certain medical equipment will end on September 30.
Sitharaman said 5 per cent GST will be levied at the point where the delivery is made by Swiggy and Zomato.
Also, the Council cut GST rate from 12 per cent to 5 per cent on cancer-related rugs and on fortified rice kernels to 5 per cent from 18 per cent.
GST rate on bio-diesel for blending in diesel was reduced to 5 per cent from 12 per cent, while the national permit fee for goods carriage has been exempt from GST.
Import of leased aircraft have also been exempted from payment of I-GST, the finance minister said.
Advertisement"GST Council felt it was not the right time to include petroleum products in GST," she said.
The panel decided to levy 18 per cent GST on all sorts of pens. Specified renewable sector devices will be charged 12 per cent tax.
GST Council also recommended new footwear and textile rates from January 1.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year
Popular on BI
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Your phone may replace your metro card soon — DMRC is planning to introduce NFC payments at entry gates
- Crypto hackers now target iPhone users via dating apps like Bumble, Tinder
- HP Envy 14 review: A solid no-frills laptop for productivity and occasional gaming
- How to edit PDF online using your browser
- Consumer demand for bigger homes in Mumbai is rising — is a price hike on the cards?
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons