Here's what you need to know about the $1.8 trillion coronavirus bailout everyone keeps talking about
- The federal government is set to give a bailout to industries hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic, from airlines to tourism.
- A bailout is not strictly free money from the government, and could come in the form of loans or grants with limitations.
- Here's what a bailout is, what could be included in the one to address the coronavirus fallout, and a look at past bailouts in the US.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Get the latest coronavirus analysis and research from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is impacting businesses.
What a bailout is — and isn't
What could be included in the bailoutAdvertisement
Which companies could get a boost from the bailout
A look at recent bailoutsAdvertisement
- Patient with underlying disease dies after getting AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in South Korea
- Word-of-mouth has helped us grow in India, our community members are our best marketers: Taru Kapoor, Tinder
- Nokia Power Earbuds Lite review – missed opportunity
- EXCLUSIVE: India's largest insurer LIC is inviting bids from payment aggregators
- Stocks to watch on March 3 — RIL, Airtel, Vodafone-idea, Jindal Steel, V-Mart, and others