Here's what you need to know about the $1.8 trillion coronavirus bailout everyone keeps talking about
- The federal government is set to give a bailout to industries hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic, from airlines to tourism.
- A bailout is not strictly free money from the government, and could come in the form of loans or grants with limitations.
- Here's what a bailout is, what could be included in the one to address the coronavirus fallout, and a look at past bailouts in the US.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Get the latest coronavirus analysis and research from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is impacting businesses.
What a bailout is — and isn't
What could be included in the bailoutAdvertisement
Which companies could get a boost from the bailout
A look at recent bailoutsAdvertisement
- Best home mops
- Russia is reportedly planning to register world's first COVID-19 vaccine this week
- Supreme Court to hear 2009 contempt case against lawyer Prashant Bhushan
- It’s springtime for business podcasts
- Paytm plans to distribute over 2 lakh of its new portable POS devices over the next few months