Here's what you need to know about the $1.8 trillion coronavirus bailout everyone keeps talking about
- The federal government is set to give a bailout to industries hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic, from airlines to tourism.
- A bailout is not strictly free money from the government, and could come in the form of loans or grants with limitations.
- Here's what a bailout is, what could be included in the one to address the coronavirus fallout, and a look at past bailouts in the US.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Queen Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (78 X 60 X 6 Inches)₹ 10859₹ 17999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Medusa Engineered Wood Wardrobe With Drawer And Mirror wenge finish , 2 Doors₹ 8749₹ 15000Buy On
- 33% OFF
Spacewood Engineered Wood Winner Study Table (Natural Wenge Finish)₹ 7999₹ 11090Buy On
- 35% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch King Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (75 X 72 X 6 Inches)₹ 11759₹ 19999Buy On
- 45% OFF
Springtek Rollaway Foam and Wrought Iron Metal Folding Single Bed with 6-Inch Contemporary Premium Mattress, Lockable Wheels- (Black)₹ 11999₹ 21000Buy On
Get the latest coronavirus analysis and research from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is impacting businesses.
What a bailout is — and isn't
What could be included in the bailout
Which companies could get a boost from the bailout
A look at recent bailouts
- India successfully test fires new version of Brahmos missile
- CESL launches biggest ever tender worth ₹5,500 crore for 5,580 electric buses
- Maharashtra government allows reopening of schools for classes 1 to 9 from January 24
- Sania Mirza is leaving tennis, here’s what she is leaving behind
- YouTube Music Premium vs Spotify vs Apple Music: Best music subscription plans in India compared
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022