More than 1,800 Washington workers were fired or left their jobs over the COVID-19 mandate for state workers
- Nearly 1,900
Washington stateworkers were fired or left their jobsdue to the state's vaccine mandate.
- Gov. Jay Inslee said the deadline for state employees to be fully vaccinated was Monday.
The deadline for these state employees to be fully vaccinated was Monday. Employees who don't get the vaccine can be dismissed from work for failing to meet legal
Of 63,291 Washington state workers, 1,887 (3%) had been terminated or left their jobs over the
Out of the 1,887 who no longer have jobs, 1,696 were fired, 112 resigned, and 79 retired, according to the data.
Nearly 90% of state employees subject to the mandate have verified that they are fully vaccinated against
The data also showed that 1,927 workers received a job accommodation allowing them to work in another position without being vaccinated.
Just over 4% of state employees, or 2,887 people, are pending verification because they're in the process of either getting vaccinated, receiving a job accommodation, planning to retire, or awaiting separation from their agency, the data said.
"The high number of state employees who have gotten vaccinated is good
The Washington state police force announced on Tuesday that nearly 95% of its employees have complied with the mandate.
Meanwhile, Washington State University fired its football coach, Nick Rolovich, and four of his assistants on Monday after they refused to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- realme GT 2 Pro with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 to launch in India on Dec 9, could be priced over ₹59,500
- Here’s how you can make voice and video calls from the Gmail app
- Army helicopter carrying senior defence officials crashes in Tamil Nadu
- Parag Agrawal's top priority at Twitter as new CEO — streamline how the company operates
- Omicron variant: Compulsory vaccination should be ‘absolute last resort’, says WHO