The GOP just slashed $30 billion from the new bipartisan infrastructure deal they struck with Biden
Republicansand the White Housestruck a deal on a slimmer infrastructuredeal compared to last month.
- The new agreement cut almost $30 billion, largely the result of reductions of transit funding and an infrastructure bank, two people familiar said.
- The deal could face a major test vote later on Wednesday evening.
Republicans struck a fresh bipartisan infrastructure agreement with the White House, but it appears to be a little slimmer than the one brokered last month.
Three people familiar with the negotiations confirmed to Insider that the amount of new spending in the agreement was slashed $30 billion. It now amounts to $550 billion instead of $579 billion.
Two of the people said the deal will drop a proposed infrastructure bank aimed at leveraging public-private partnerships to fund new projects. They said it also reduced the amount of public transit funding. Sen.
One of the sources familiar said the infrastructure bank was dropped because Republican and Democratic negotiators were unable to resolve disputes about how much to pay workers on new construction projects.
The agreement could face a major test vote in the evening, but its unclear enough Republicans will back it given their past demands to review the bill.
Sen. Jon Tester, one of the Democrats negotiating the deal, told reporters he was "confident" that a bill would be made public by the evening.
This story will be updated.
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World