One day before Trump's impeachment, India and US agreed on the following
- Indian Prime Minister
Narendra Modiwas on a week-long visit to the US when the news of President Donald Trump’s impeachment vote hit the stands.
- Amidst the domestic crises in both countries, they were able to sign off on multiple landmark agreements during the 2+2 dialogue.
- The agreements include cooperation across defence, space, and environment.
A day later on December 18, the House of Representatives voted to push Trump out of office charging him with ‘abuse of power’. And, he was impeached with more votes against him than any other US President. Now, it’s up to the Senate to approve his removal from office.
Even though over 700 historians ‘strongly’ endorse Trump’s impeachment, the Trump-Modi era was one of success for India, according to experts. Amidst domestic crisis in their respective countries — Trump’s call for impeachment and nation-wide protests in India over the Citizenship Act — the administrations were able to bolster bilateral ties.
These are the details of some of the top agreements between the Trump and Modi administration:
Sharing confidential information to reach $26 billion
Tiger Triumph with all three branches of defence
Founding member of the Modi’s CDRI
Having enough water to go around
Avoiding explosion in space
And, avoiding wars at sea
Popular on BI
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail