One day before Trump's impeachment, India and US agreed on the following
- Indian Prime Minister
Narendra Modiwas on a week-long visit to the US when the news of President Donald Trump’s impeachment vote hit the stands.
- Amidst the domestic crises in both countries, they were able to sign off on multiple landmark agreements during the 2+2 dialogue.
- The agreements include cooperation across defence, space, and environment.
A day later on December 18, the House of Representatives voted to push Trump out of office charging him with ‘abuse of power’. And, he was impeached with more votes against him than any other US President. Now, it’s up to the Senate to approve his removal from office.
Even though over 700 historians ‘strongly’ endorse Trump’s impeachment, the Trump-Modi era was one of success for India, according to experts. Amidst domestic crisis in their respective countries — Trump’s call for impeachment and nation-wide protests in India over the Citizenship Act — the administrations were able to bolster bilateral ties.
These are the details of some of the top agreements between the Trump and Modi administration:
Sharing confidential information to reach $26 billion
Tiger Triumph with all three branches of defence
Founding member of the Modi’s CDRI
Having enough water to go around
Avoiding explosion in space
And, avoiding wars at sea
Popular on BI
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani