Florida police arrested a man who was disguised as Home Depot employee in order to steal merchandise
- Police in
Floridasay a man posed as a Home Depotemployee to rob three stores.
- The Panama City Police Department arrested Dustin White on charges of grand
- He was caught after he was seen loading merchandise into a U-Haul in the parking lot of one store.
Police in Panama City, Florida arrested a man for posing as a Home Depot employee in order to rob stores, according to several local outlets.
Dustin White, 32, of Lakeland, Georgia was charged with grand theft, scheming to defraud, possession of methamphetamine, and resisting arrest without violence, the Panama City News-Herald reported.Police were called after White was spotted putting merchandise on the back of a U-Haul truck in the parking lot of the Panama City location. He fled the scene but was caught "after a brief foot chase by patrol officers," police said.
WJHG reported that White stole over $1,500 worth of goods from the store. He's also suspected of stealing from two other Home Depot stores, in all instances while dressed as an employee.The Panama City Police Department did not return Insider's request for comment at the time of publication.
Have a news tip? Contact this reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed
- These are the hottest fintech and crypto jobs in India right now